Thursday, October 28, 2010

heavenly neighbors....

Dear Kim, 

Tonight we met with the sister missionaries and I could tell you did not love it. Thank you for being respectful and for sitting there, it means a lot to me. They talked to you about the purpose of life and kept asking you what was really important. You said your family. If I were to answer I would probably say the very same thing. I think about what the after life will be like often. I picture beautiful clean European streets with colorful apartment buildings on each side. Everyone lives next to his or her families and best friends and fun takes place on every square inch.  People dress in only the stuff found on 5th avenue and never frown. I picture myself as being productive but never busy, having list of things to do with out ever feeling rushed or in a hurry. I would always have time to stop and talk to a friend without fear of being late. And things move slower than they to in our life now. Slow enough so that we can really take it all in.  After a days work everyone gets together with their neighbors and sit in their lawns in lawn chairs and chat as the sunsets behind a beautiful mountain ridge. We eat whatever we want for dinner and joke and talk till the sun comes up again. We feel perfectly at ease because we are with the people that matter most forever

Dear Kim,

Tonight the sister missionaries came over and I am glad they did. I don’t want to be pushy at all but I do want you to know how much I love this church! and to let you know that I want you to be one of my neighbors in heaven.  I know that what the sister missionaries teach will help you get there. Please open yourself and listen to them. I Love you man and want you to find true happiness.

Your friend,

Alex

 

No comments:

Post a Comment