Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Who do you think you are?? Mark Twain?

Dear Readers and Scholars, 

I just finished a Fantastic American novel that has been in the headlines these days because of its use of racial terms. There has even been a new version published with the word "niger" replaced with "slave," how is that any better? By changing this book you are altering a true depiction of American history. This is dishonest and more immoral than the use of racial slurs. T.S. Eliot called it a masterpiece, and Ernest Hemingway pronounced it the source of "all modern American literature." I agree that Twain did a great job with this work and think it should be left alone!

My Best, 
Alex Trost  

1 comment:

  1. I had no clue they were doing this! Learn something new every day I suppose. I agree with you. It's ridiculous to change it...! If someone's offended (which they shouldn't be)then don't read it. Gah!

    Well said Alex, well said!

    ReplyDelete