Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few questions for the man, who delivers the snow...


Dear Direction, 

The other day I took my first run of the year, out in the tundra. The weather wasn't nice yet but the snow had begun to melt a great deal because it was considerably warmer. My run was almost done when I came to a block in my path. A giant, frozen, pile of snow where the shovels had stopped removing snow for a long time.
 
I looked ahead and could see that the path continued on the other side but instead of making my way over or around the problem I stood and stared at it for a long duration. Everything around it seemed so beautiful and the evening sunset beaconed me to continue in the direction of the sun. 
After what seemed like forever I kicked the pile of ice, sending glistening shards into the air. Upset and discouraged, I turned around and walked back the way I came.
Was the snow supposed to be there?  Was I meant to change directions? Should I be use to the cold by now?

Thanks for your time, 
Alex

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cold is hard to get used too... Sometimes it's so bitter that it's hard to remember what the warmth of the sun feels like and it seems like things will never be good again. BUT, the beautiful part of life? We can choose to go tanning :)

    ReplyDelete