Monday, November 15, 2010

If there really is a Jill for every Jack...

Dear Jill (My Jill), 

 

Some days I am absolutely sure that you are right around the corner and other days I fear you will never come. Sometimes I hope you are the best friend sitting right next to me and sometimes you are my worst enemy. In my dreams you are wearing blue shoes, standing in the driveway, holding the hand of our blond son as I drive away in a red car. Sometimes you sit in a rocking chair holding a little girl with curly red hair (there is a saying on the wall above your head that reads: If you are lucky enough to have a redheaded girl, you are lucky enough) and sometimes you stand in the doorway, tired from the day, laughing as I wrestle with the kids. I have started a letter to you but I don’t know where to send it. I have wanted to call you but I don’t know whose number to dial.  When I think of you my head hurts but I think for the sake of my heart. I don’t know you but I love you…I can't see you but you’re beautiful.

Come soon,

Jack (Your Jack)

2 comments:

  1. I know you probably don't like that Ali and I are loyal blogger followers but this is the cutest thing I have ever read. love it. love you. the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...no i love that people read it!!
    read on

    ReplyDelete